- The sultan called for a meeting of his chiefs where by he made them to take an Oath. This Amanat was important in preserving Brunei's sovereignty by the next Sultan.
- It was signed in 1885 and by Sultan Abdul Momin.
- The amanat was signed so that no more territories will be taken from Brunei.
- Sultan Abdul Momin became extremely worried about the situation in Brunei.
- Because, Brunei did not have the Military power to enforce the Amanat while the BNBC had steam warships and more powerful gun.
Update by ; Hamid Drus